Stitt & Co was founded in 1958 by John Stitt who retired in
2002. The firm was based for many years
in 4 Paper Buildings, Inner Temple and moved to its present
offices at 11 Gough Square, EC4 in 2001.
The firm covers most
areas of contentious or non-contentious work including general
litigation, defamation, privacy and press complaints,
employment, landlord and tenant, wills and probate. A thriving property
department has been built up and other areas of development
include advising on international commodities and appearing in
international trade arbitrations.
Due to its location
in the Temple the firm enjoyed strong links with the Bar and
acts for many individual barristers and sets of Chambers. It has
acted in the past for the Inns of Court School of Law, the Bar
Council and the Common Professional Exam Board.
An important part of
the firm's core business covers all aspects of property law
including commercial and residential property conveyancing,
property investment, development, financing, planning,
compulsory purchase and property disputes, and litigation.
The latest step in Stitt & Co’s development has been the acquisition of a specialist team advising on construction issues, including contractual matters,
health and safety compliance, and representing clients in related disputes.